Rocker Step Video
How to Coach Youth Basketball
Rocker Step - Teaching Summary
- Start in Triple Threat Position
- The Rocker Step is a combination of a Jab Step and an Explode Step.
- Take a Jab Step at the defender's front foot
If the defender swings, perform a Explode Crossover move
If the defender retreats - NOW we use the Rocker Step
- Leave your Jab Step foot right where you jab and ROCK back (not UP, but BACK - keep your legs bent at 45 degrees and loaded)
- As the defender lunges or stands up to get back to you on your ROCK back, pick up your jab step foot and Explode Step by the defender's foot and shoulder.
- Each kid will develop their own rhythm and timing to this move - let them develop their own feel for the Rocker Step.
Link to Complete Youth Basketball DVD
Return to Rocker Step Instruction Page
Return from Rocker Step Video to Home Page